Cecilia's Goals as a Council Member:
- Be a Voice of the Community: Belle Haven has a seat at the table where planning decisions are being made thanks to the districting process of 2018. Connecting people who live here to resources.
- Planned Development: Let's bring moderation, clarity and forward thinking into the development process. We are scrambling to live with the changes that have happened since 2012. Innovated, measured growth that puts neighborhood needs first, can bring viatality and at the same time preserve the neighborhood's character.
- Affordable Housing: Moratoriaum on red tags for illegal dwellings. Let's give homeowners a chance to bring their accessory dwelling units up to code. We need every unit we can create in this neighborhood and in the region as a whole. Let's house who's already here by ensuring that current residents that are overcrowded have priority for new units whether below market rate or market rate. There are many jobs and not enough housing for employees. Teachers, firefighters, public safety officers, and employees of small local businesses are also affected. Even some City employees cannot afford to live here. Menlo Park needs effective solutions to solve the housing shortage within its own boundaries.
- Transportation: Let's create a more robust shuttle service that connects each part of Menlo Park and neighboring cities. Teenagers should be able to get to the multiplexes in Redwood City or Mountain View and not need to take 3 buses. We can be a leader in public shuttle services to Caltrain, the civic center, and downtowns for residents to stay out of their cars.
- Public Services: Vitality in Menlo Park is a goal that should bring prosperity to the existing community. Belle Haven needs a full service grocery store, a pharmacy, a full service bank, a public library that is equal to the main library at the civic center and expand the Onetta Harris Community Center.
VOTE NOVEMBER 6TH
CECILIA TAYLOR FOR MENLO PARK CITY COUNCIL
Together we can improve our quality of life.
Menlo Park, Many Neighborhoods, One City.